The BiCoDa Alliance
The BiCoDa Alliance considers science in its technological setting: How do science-technology interactions shape research-practice today and in the past? This “technological” perspective adds a distinctive “t” to the History and Philosophy of Science – in the context of the Alliance, HPS becomes HPtS.
The Alliance reflects the complementary, intersecting, and mutually supporting research perspectives of historians and philosophers of science at Universität Bielefeld, University of South Carolina in Columbia and in Darmstadt the Technische Universität Darmstadt along with the Hochschule Darmstadt. It aims to create an international platform for HPtS scholarship. Its activities are open to all and include workshops, summer schools, and international conferences. In the medium and long term, it aims for collaborative research projects as well as faculty, student, and post-doc exchanges.
For more on HPtS and the three partners in the Alliance see BiCoDa Profiles.
Members of the Steering Committee
- Martin Carrier (Universität Bielefeld)
- Michael Dickson (University of South Carolina)
- Kevin Elliott (University of South Carolina)
- Mikael Hård (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
- Ann Johnson (University of South Carolina)
- Alfred Nordmann (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
- Carsten Reinhardt (Universität Bielefeld)